From the reality of the known to the depths of imagination, these twelve tales will skew your perceptions. Embracing mystery, science fiction, horror, and fantasy, the stories examine greed, ignorance, superficiality, and our ideas of home. A little girl wonders about the price of her new home. A woman searches for a place to fit in. A contest exposes hidden personalities. A man tries to overcome his fears. A gift comes with strings attached. A man lives his greatest dream. A fairy tale finds a little girl. An artist describes her process. A soldier discovers the past. A woman encounters reality. A man holds the key to saving the world. Tales to entertain, surprise, and make you think.
There are 12 stories and as the book is only 60 pages then yes all the stories are really short. But they all pack quite the punch.
That is also why I can’t say a lot about the stories, cos I say one thing and the whole thing is spoiled.
1. Seemingly dystopian, then it change for the little girl. And the end, yes I did not see it coming. It’s about a little girl getting a new home.
2.A story about a woman who has a bookloving sister. A more quiet story.
3. A mum tells her son to go out and play….boom! Ha.
4. A relative dies and sets a contest about who will get it all. Boom! I love her endings!
5. Astraphobia. A man is afraid of the thunder. Honestly all I could say about all of these are, awesome ending!
6. The Gift. Dystopia with a nice twist.
7. One man at a time. A man gets the chance of a lifetime. Happiness or not?
8. The unicorn. I love all the twists and turns.
9. Piecé dé résitance. An artist shows us her work. Freaky.
10. Short fable.
11. To kill Hitler. A time-travel piece.
12. The end. Apocalyptic story with you guessed it, a twist.
I could not say much cos all these stories will surprise you. And in a good way. Twists, turns and surprise endings. Great short stories, and they are great just like that, as short stories. Because this way they all will thrill and surprise you. 😉
I would recommend them and they would fit perfectly for before bedtime. A short story and then night 🙂
ebook, 60 pages
Published April 18th 2014 by The Story Vault
Science-fiction /dystopia /post-apocalyptic