“Lord Nicholas is a paragon of manhood. And his eyes, Dear Reader! So blue!” Pearls & Pelisses, June 1823
Since being named on of London’s “Lords to Land” by a popular ladies’ magazine, Nicholas St. John has been relentlessly pursued by every matrimony-minded female in the ton. So when an opportunity to escape fashionable society presents itself, he eagerly jumps—only to land in the path of the most determined, damnably delicious woman he’s ever met!
The daughter of a titled wastrel, Lady Isabel Townsend has too many secrets and too little money. Though used to taking care of herself quite handily, her father’s recent passing has left Isabel at sea and in need of outside help to protect her young brother’s birthright. The sinfully handsome, eminently eligible Lord Nicholas could be the very salvation she seeks.
But the lady must be wary and not do anything reckless…like falling madly, passionately in love.
After many so and so books, and books that were just bad I went for HR. HR books are not always so awesome that I fall off the sofa, but they are almost always sweet, cute and makes me smile. They are the perfect escapism read.
This is a series where I read book 3 first, so I did know about Georgiana. But that did not matter. What is a few secrets really? 😉
Ten ways to describe this book:
1. A heroine who is helping people, but who also needs to be helped herself (even if she is in denial)
2. A hero that everyone in London wants to wed…and me too
3. An estate with many many secrets
4. Side characters that may or may not fall in love too
6. A woman falling in love who does not wanna fall in love
7. A story that makes you wanna read about the other couples too
8. I am finding it hard to make it to 10
Mass Market Paperback, 357 pages
Published October 26th 2010 by Avon
Love By Numbers #2